SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT
(MBA) - BU
The flagship program of SAMS (Sambhram Academy of Management Studies) is the Master of Business Administration, affiliated to Bangalore University which is one of the largest Universities in Asia and ISO 9001:2000 certified. The program is also recognized by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). The program is designed to equip its graduates with the skills, abilities, and knowledge that will enable them to take up positions of higher responsibility in the corporate world anywhere, or to become entrepreneurs. MBA-SAMS offers dual specializations in HR & Marketing, HR & Finance, Marketing & Finance in order to facilitate students to try for jobs in more than one area.
After 1st yr course students are expected to do 6 to 8 weeks of Industrial training internship to get practical exposure. This enables them to link theory into practice. During 2nd yr (after 3rd sem) they have to do a project work thesis in the area of any specialization. This enables them to do SWOT analysis and to suggest alternate solutions to problems.
Normally 1st sem course starts in September and the 4 semesters are completed within 2 yrs.
TO BECOME A RESEARCH – LED INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED BUSINESS SCHOOL FOR OUR EXCELLENCE IN CREATING HIGH THINKING AND SOCIALLY RESPONSIBLE PROFESSIONALS AND VISIONARIES.
PROVIDING RIGOROUS RESEARCH – BASED HIGH QUALITY MANAGEMENT EDUCATION TO DEVELOP ETHICAL LEADERS AND ENTREPRENEURS WITH A GLOBAL PERSPECTIVE
Candidates seeking admission to the Master of Business Administration program should have passed Bachelor’s Degree / Master Degree Examination of any recognized University, in any subject – Commerce, Management, Arts, Social Sciences, Sciences, Engineering, Technology or equivalent, and have secured at least 50% of marks (45% for SC/ST candidates) in the Bachelor’s Degree Examination in aggregate. Further, wherever applicable, the minimum qualification shall be as per Government norms in the case of Common Entrance Test.
- Intake: 180
- Degree awarded by Bangalore University
- Full-time: 24 months
- Global perspective and focus
- Affiliated to Bangalore University & recognized by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
- Certified by the International Organization for Standardization with an ISO 9001:2000 Certification
- A semester-based, modular approach to the learning process
- Rigorous, contemporary, and progressive curriculum
- Taught by accomplished faculty
- Project-based training throughout the program, which includes a field-based Industry
- Internship Program and a Dissertation
- Electives begin in the second year of the program
- Regular updating of elective courses to reflect the needs of industry
- Tie-ups and collaborations with leading universities and institutions in India & abroad provide for student exchanges, internships.
- The program comprises the Learner’s Value Proposition, Core Courses, Elective Courses, Industry Internship Program, Dissertation, and Advanced Courses
Area of Specialization (Dual Specialization)
The learning methodology is primarily experiential in nature with a focus on application of concepts. The methodology includes the following, based on the requirements of the specific course:
- Interactive lectures
- Case study pedagogy
- Classroom projects and exercises
- Class simulations and games
- Group presentations
- Study of contemporary articles from refereed journals
- Field projects and company visits
- Video presentations
- Experts and guest lectures
- Activity labs
Collaboration with Following Foreign Universities
- Geneva Business School, Switzerland
- State University of New York, Binghamton, New York
- South West College, Northern Ireland
- Kenyatta University, Nairobi
- University of the West of England
Collaboration with Industry Organization
• CII Institute of Logistics, Chennai
Industry Institution Interaction
As part of industry institution interaction, the college offers academic and professional value addition to a student’s learning experience. These include
- The application of classroom learning to a company-based study: observational, field-based, or as per requirements of the business organization
- The development and enhancement of professional skills and personal traits
- An increased self-awareness of career options and an identification of areas of professional specialization in industry
- A structured experience of the complexities of the marketplace and an appreciation of professionalism and work-related responsibilities – particularly for interns with no prior work experience in a related field
- An early exposure to job roles and functional divisions within a business
Student Governing Council & Clubs
Student Governing Council (SGC) :
The SGC is made up of students who work as representatives of their batch. They interact with the Program Managers (faculty) and students on a frequent basis.
- To ensure that issues of relevance are communicated to all
- To represent the batch
- To operate as a bridge connecting the students and the management
The main functions of the SGC include:
- Handling both external events (fests) and internal activities (programs, hostel, mess)
- The various clubs all work in tandem with the SGC. At least one member of the SGC is responsible for a club and later the club’s activities are communicated to fellow SGC members
- The coordination for fests in other colleges
- The office bearers are the president, treasurer and secretary. The other SGC members will work with them in all activities
Student Clubs :
The School of Business encourages students to form and to participate in different clubs focusing on functional areas or specializations, and hobbies and cultural activities that enhance the knowledge of a student while providing opportunities to network.
Finance club aims to impart market knowledge, financial knowledge, and knowledge of current affairs to students. It makes arrangement for seminars conducted by faculty members and by industry professionals. It conducts quizzes and finance-related simulation games. It is proactive in organizing Mock Stock Games and special workshops on learning related to the trends in the domain of finance.
It adds to marketing learning by bringing in education through fun. The student club designs, sponsors, and operates marketing outdoor activities, which include the best advertisement and poster designing competition, seminars and quizzes, and other marketing initiatives.
Organizational Leadership and Strategy Club:
The aim of the club is to provide experiential learning that helps students in internalizing the concepts that are taught during the program. These are opportunities for students to experience various aspects of work life and learn to thread through the tight ropes of paradoxical situations at the work place, while experiencing the joy of working together. These activities are supplemented with quizzes, seminars, and other events related to the Organizational Leadership and Strategy (OB & HR) function.
Most innovative ideas in the business world involve the employment of technology. The club stands for innovation, and is the first club to initiate online events, while promoting the concept to go ‘green.’ It conducts an online simulated Stock Exchange Game where students play the role of investor.
Cultural and Sports Club:
The Cultural and Sports Club helps students engage in fun on campus and brings out their extracurricular skills. Sports, indoor games, and dances are some of the activities that the club organizes to encourage students to demonstrate their talents. The club organizes the Fresher’s Welcome, Farewells, as well as other celebrations related to religious festivals. The club aims to foster the uniqueness of Indian values and cultural diversity.
Management Development Program (MDP)
MDPs are uniquely designed training programs for all those organizations where there is the need of imparting training to their workforce (both official and employees) on various job related and other issues to make them well-equipped to discharge their responsibilities and meet the global demand.
We, as a Management School, are equipped with different tailor-made programs to conduct MDPs for any organization, also need –based training programs can be made available as and when proposals reach us well in advance.
- Financial Management
- Marketing Management/CRM/Brand Management
- Negotiation Skills
- HR-related Issues
- Business Ethics
- Soft Skills
- Self Management
- Team Building
- Redefining Management for the Management Professionals
- Finance for Non-Finance Managers
- Behavioural Psychology
- Supply Chain Management
- Financial Accounting
Research & Development (R&D)
R&D is the major thrust area of our management team and we have taken keen interest in applied research activities to find out solutions to the emerging management problems. We also do dabble into basic research to bring out conceptual clarity to different concepts. The later is again the outcome of vast experience of our team of management faculty members. We have published and presented various research papers in different journals at national and international forums on all management domains and continue to do so.
The organizations who are interested to take support for all the above, kindly contact for further details at the following address:
Student Cell Activities
ENTREPRENEUR DEVELOPMENT CELL (EDP):
The basic aim of E-Cell is to encourage our MBA student(s) today to start their own enterprise and we plan to do by the following means:
- Organizing workshops/ lectures periodically to create awareness about entrepreneurship.
- Functioning as a guide to students with creative ideas which can be transformed into successful business ventures.
- Providing mentorship through icons/ individuals/ successful entrepreneurs for students launching their start – ups.
With this as the back drop our E-Cell got momentum and to know the batch of MBA students of 2013-14 we tried to know about those students who chose to study MBA with a vision to excel in their managerial career and also who would like to become entrepreneurs
Beginning of the Journey
Mr. Crasta is a leading industrialist in the State of Karnataka. He was invited on January 04, 2014 to address all the students aiming at inspiring all of them. This step was the foundation of a long journey and it seemed few of the students got inspired and asked him many interesting/ thought provoking questions. Mr. Phanindra Sama, founder of Red Bus and few others are likely to be invited to inspire the future entrepreneurs. It may so happen the School may put up effort to arrange venture capital support for one new startup to be undertaken by any student.
Mr. Crasta Addressing to the Students
CENTRE FOR SOCIAL CONCERN IMAGES
Service to Mankind is service to god
I am happy with the program: “An Emotional Touch” done by the students of Sambhram School of Management.