What you need to know the most, as a prospective student of S.G.I?
Don’t wait for the last minute to arrive, to make your career move. To ensure this doesn’t happen, you now have the advance enrollment facility to help students avoid last ditch efforts all due to limited number of seats. It is therefore our fervent advice to all aspiring students, to apply in advance.
Students will have to fill in the application form and enclose a photocopy of testimonials as applicable, in Part A or Part B. Now coming to enrollment fee, it depends on the course you take; with advice from our Admission Office and also as indicated in the fee structure. This fee will be adjusted once the seat is confirmed. And our Admission Office will notify of the same with a provisional admission letter. Students applying for a course in the current session will have to send or hand over in person, the filled in application form with 2 photocopies of all original testimonials as applicable, in Part A or Part B.
NRI’s, foreign nationals and students who have studied in educational boards that are not directly under Association of Indian Universities are supposed to obtain an eligibility / equivalence certificate from the University. The necessary application form for the same is issued from the Corporate Office of this institution.
- Wherever grading system or any other system is followed for evaluating the performance of the candidate in the qualifying examination, the applicant should ensure that a certificate indicating the percentage obtained has to be submitted through the University / Board last studied.
- Students who are not fulfilling the study of mandatory subjects as mentioned in the prospectus as regulated by the University shall also apply for eligibility/equivalence certificate from the University.
- The percentage calculation as per the University is on the total marks obtained in all subjects studied inclusive of languages for MBA/MCA/MTA/M.S in Communication/M.Sc. Electronic Media and 50% in aggregate for all M.Sc. courses in life Sciences, and Electronic Science. For certain courses the applicant should have obtained 50% of marks in aggregate in individual subjects also.
- Applicants for PG courses have to submit a copy of the syllabus studied, scheme of examination and regulation relating to promotion etc.
- Applicants for PG courses should produce marks cards issued by the University only and students who are submitting the marks cards issued by the colleges for the I/II year or alternative semesters should produce letter from the concerned college regarding the details of marks cards issued by the college and the University.
- Applicants passing GCE / O / A level examination should have passed 4 + 3 or 3 + 2 subjects at the O & A level respectively
|Part A – Undergraduate||Part B – Postgraduate|
|Marks Cards – 10th & 12th std. Issued by the Board / University.|
Migration Certificate issued by the Board / University.
Conduct / Character Certificate & Transfer Certificate issued by the School / College last studied.
Date of Birth /Age proof certificate.
Caste Certificate (For those belonging to reserved categories).
Ten passport size & ten stamp size photographs
|Marks Cards – 10th, 12th std. & Degree (3 years) issued by the Board / University.|
Migration Certificate issued by the University.
Conduct / Character Certificate & Transfer Certificate issued by the College last studied.
Provisional degree certificate Degree Certificate issued by the University.
Date of Birth/ Age proof certificate .
Caste Certificate (only for those belonging to reserved categories).
Ten passport size & ten stamp size photographs.
Admission approval from University is initiated only on submission of all the following original certificate:
- 10th Standard pass marks card issued by SSLC / CBSE / ICSE / the concerned board.
- 12th Standard pass marks card /Certificate issued by Pre University / CBSE / ISC /any other concerned board.
- Transfer Certificate or School/ College Leaving Certificate issued by the institution last studied.
- Migration Certificate issued by the concerned board / University.
- Character Certificate issued by the institution last studied.
- O Level marks card issued by the GCE (as applicable).
- A Level marks card issued by the GCE / Higher Secondary / equivalent certificate (as applicable).
- Degree / Graduation marks cards (all years Semesters / Annual – for PG only).
Provisional Degree / Degree Certificate (for PG only).
- Passport size and 10 stamp size photographs.
- Valid Passport & Student Visa copy (for NRI & Foreign nationals only).
- Caste certificate (for Schedule Caste and Schedule Tribe).
- Verification letter for genuineness of marks card (for students from Jammu & Kashmir Board / University)